As many of you may have seen this morning on John Smedley’s Twitter, we have been working together with ProSiebenSat.1 Games to come up with solutions to some issues that have been brought up by our customers since the announcement of our publishing agreement with ProSiebenSat.1 Games in the EU Region. Together we have worked out a deal where existing customers will be able to choose whether they remain with Sony Online Entertainment or transfer to ProSiebenSat.1 Games.
Here are the tweets from Smed:
“I wanted to thank our players for continuing feedback. We’ve been listening along with our European partners at Prosieben. We’ve found a way to let existing players of our current games that are migrating over to Prosieben (EQ, EQ II, Planetside 2) keep their SOE accounts and stay with SOE. Down the road we may offer an option to move over to Prosieben. Just to be clear after these games launch on Prosieben’s service new accounts will be created on their sites. However all US and EU players can still play together no matter which service they are on.
I want to be clear that Prosieben will have better European CS and payment options IMO. That’s why we went with them in the first place. Also Prosieben has done a great job of listening and is working on changing some of their CS policies. More to come on that soon. Just going back and forth with our partners at Prosieben. I can confirm that we WILL offer the ability to migrate to Prosieben. No word on timeframe just yet, but shouldn’t take too long.”
Both SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 Games remain committed to making this transition as easy and beneficial as possible for players; more news will come in coming weeks, especially after we return from SOE Live.
Thank you for your patience.
If you weren’t lucky enough to go to the fan faire and automatically get a beta invite there, but you want to see what the newest expansion is going to be all about (and want to help work out the kinks of course) be sure to check out the EQ2 beta sign up!
Remember the conditions to the sign up, you have to have an active Eq2 account with a character over level 50 on it, and of course you have to follow the NDA.
- Station Voice is now available!
- Equipment changes have been introduced to improve item progression from levels 1 – 59 worldwide.
- Check out the sections below for details on these highlights and other details of “Storm Break” (GU47).
- “Storm Break” (GU47): Librarian Feldarn of Freeport’s Academy of Arcane Science and Librarian Dungil of Qeynos’ Concordium are looking for volunteers to help battle the onslaught of darkness from beyond.
- Qeynos and Freeport have broken ground on major construction projects just off of the coast of Antonica and Commonlands respectively. Visit the docks to see the new activity!
- A new Voice Bar will appear that provides options and indicates who is currently speaking and when you’re talking. It can be docked with any chat windows.
- A new Voice Users window will show all users in the current channel. This window can be changed to be transparent and show only active speakers if you’d like.
- Group and Raid windows have speaking indicators to show who is currently speaking.
- Voice options are available in the Options Menu under the “Voice Chat” tab.
- If you’re not currently in a voice channel, you will be placed in the first channel that becomes available. Subsequent channels that become available can be selected through a dropdown on the Voice Users window, a button on the Voice Bar, or a link that appears in text chat.
- Left Control is the default push-to-talk key. You can change the key in the “Voice Chat” tab of the Options Menu.
- If you need more info, do “/help vchat” in game.
Also, you can see a mini-feature on the EQII forums.
The help system has received an overhaul. Many game windows now have a help button in the upper-right corner that will open the appropriate help topic.
- The Tangrin and Avatar of Growth encounters now warn players three seconds before it’s time for them to start moving.
- The Tangrin will no longer spawn a new beehive if any raid member already possesses one.
- All Named and Boss NPCs in Kunark now drop Adept I and Master I scrolls equal to or lesser than their level.
- Many of the named creatures in Sebilis, Chardok and Karnor’s Castle no longer have place holders, have a longer respawn time, and will now always drop legendary rewards.
- The random Adept I and Master I spells you get while killing creatures in the level 1-20 range will now only drop spells you or your group members need.
- Adventure writs now award 500 faction points per completion.
- Adventurers working for the city of Neriak will now gain faction with the Agents of Neriak, Queen Cristanos’ eyes and ears in the outside world of Norrath. Gaining faction will lead to new city rewards!
- Adventurers working for the city of Gorowyn will now gain faction with The Watchers of Timorous, a group of sarnak which stand vigilant in the defense of their homeland. Gaining faction will lead to new city rewards!
- A new shade of formal wear is now also available to those who are ranked as ally with any city writ faction.
- Page 5 of “A History of the Vah Shir, Vol. I” is now tradeable.
- The quests that awarded potions/elixirs from the Hand of Marr and Brethren of Night camps now award more.
- The quest “Vision of Fear” should no longer continue to offer the quest when a player walks through the entrance tunnel in Feerrott. It has been moved to a nearby curious totem that can be clicked to obtain the quest.
- The quest “A Calling in the Forest” should no longer continue to offer the quest each time a player walks over the Commonlands bridge in Nektulos Forest. It has been moved to a nearby skeleton laying on the bridge that can be clicked to obtain the quest.
- Dark Elves
- Innoruuk’s Gift now grants the full 2% spell critical amount.
RoK Legendary Armor Sets:
- The Wayward Moon set has been removed from the drop tables and replaced with the Sylvan Moon set which is only equipable by Furies and Wardens. Those wishing to replace their Wayward Moon pieces for the new Sylvan Moon pieces should speak to Joonius Khristus in Teren’s Grasp.
- The Enigmatic Sacrifice set has been removed from the drop tables and replaced with the Cabalistic Sacrifice set which is only equipable by Defilers and Mystics. Those wishing to replace their Enigmatic Sacrifice pieces for the new Cabalistic Sacrifice pieces should speak to Joonius Khristus in Teren’s Grasp.
- Adornments attached to Wayward Moon or Enigmatic Sacrifice set pieces will be lost in the process.
Epic Weapon Changes:
- Wrath of Nature (Fury)
- Now gives out damage and heal amount bonuses.
- The mythical version now improves healing and damage spells based upon a percentage of your wisdom and intelligence respectively.
- The Impact of the Sacrosanct (Templar)
- The proc effect now lasts slightly longer.
- Added a bonus to reactives based on the templar’s wisdom.
- Cudgel of Obviation (Mystic)
- The mythical version’s Spirit Tap will only be triggered by the mystic’s group members. Also the heal and power bonuses have been reduced.
- Dream Scorcher (Defiler)
- This now gives heal crit instead of spell crit.
- Now grants bonuses to both spells and heals.
- Proc no longer drops when damage is taken.
- Penitent’s Absolution (Inquisitor)
- Improved the healing power of aftershock. In the vicinity of 75% of the heal. Also added casting and reuse bonus of 15% and reduced the time from 2 seconds to 0.5 seconds.
- The mythical version’s intervene effect has been replaced by a powerful group cure which will cure arcane, elemental, noxious and trauma effects. In addition, when it cures an effect it will also heal the player for each effect it removes.
- Dragon’s Temper (Berserker)
- Adds an additional hate position boost to Insolence.
- Changed the double attack bonus to melee critical chance.
- The Truth of Marr (Paladin)
- The delay is now 6 seconds.
- Added a damage proc to the weapon.
- Now gives both spell and combat art damage bonuses.
- Sedition (Shadowknight)
- The delay is now 6 seconds.
- Added a damage proc to the weapon.
- Now gives both spell and combat art damage bonuses.
- Death’s Grip (Warlock)
- The dumbfire pet bonus has changed to improve the warlock’s critical damage by 10%.
- Eye of the Siren (Coercer)
- Now gives a subjugation bonus.
- The mythical version now removes the concentration cost of Possess Essence.
- Mirage Star (Illusionist)
- Now gives a subjugation bonus.
- Havoc, Blade of Treachery (Brigand)
- Proc now gives a bonus to double attack instead of haste.
- Gorynn’s Fist (Bruiser)
- The proc will now give the bruiser an additional chance to critical melee attacks.
- Revitalized Vel`Arek (Guardian)
- The mythical version’s proc will now only do 5% damage reduction.
In Other Item News:
- Worldwide equipment, ranging from level 1-59 (including heritage quest rewards), have been increased to create a better progression from Timorous Deep to level 80 Rise of Kunark zones. This increase includes accessories, armor, and weapons, as well as many tradeskill items. Shields, items with special effects, and tradeskilled armor have not yet been changed.
- House items now observe the ‘Lore’ flag, allowing only one of a lore item to be placed in a home. The ‘lore’ flag has been removed from house items and pets that are primarily decorative in nature.
- Non-ubiquitous adornments used to add damage to symbols (arcane ornament, viral ornament, noxious ornament etc) now affect combat arts as well as spells.
- Crusaders can now wear the Mark of the Ankexfen.
- The Jungle Bow should now properly equip when double-clicked.
- The Supple Dogwood Staff now procs on melee attacks rather than ranged.
- Bruisers and Monks can no longer equip Edgewalker Chainmail Leggings.
- The mounted claw and fist of pestilence should now mount on a wall with the hand facing outwards. The ornate spoon, fork, and knife should place more accurately on flat surfaces.
- Protection values have been adjusted on Guard of Drelikus, Vioren’s Forcefield, and Brace of Corporeal Darklight.
- Protection on the Shield of the Green Dragon was lowered.
- The potions and elixirs from the Hand of Marr and Brethren of Night heal a more appropriate amount of health/power.
- The city tradeskill societies are dealing with a bulk order for some new formal clothing, and require some assistance. Tradeskillers of the 60th rank or higher who have previously assisted their societies may speak to the Grandmaster for more details.
- Tradeskillers who are skilled enough to see the tradeskill collection quests may find more rewards available in their travels.
- Armorers now have a recipe for imbued devout ebon greaves.
- The fuel requirement for imbued rosewood shields has been corrected.
- The fuel requirement for ashen hearths has been corrected.
- Imbued fulginate devout greaves can now be created.
- Sparkling Cranberry Wine has been converted to Cranberry Cream Liqueur to avoid confusion with the existing Cranberry Sparkling Wine.
- Adventurers may now zone into any of the Tombs of Night and the Crypt of T’Haen zones that a member of the group has access too. Previously, these zones were only accessible if everyone in the group were on the same stage of the quest.
- Players can now zone into any of the Tombs of Night zones if anyone in their group is on the appropriate quest.
- New mid-zone respawn locations have been added to Chardok and Sebilis.
Faction merchants in Maj’dul courts are now selling a number of tier 5 Adept III recipe scrolls they were previously missing.
A stacking issue with stealth and group invisibility has been fixed to allow attacking from stealth.
- Spirit of the Wolf will now apply to the entire group within a 50m radius instead of being single target.
- Shaman’s wolves should now have slightly more health to help their survivability.
- Master’s Rage will now do a melee attack and debuff the target’s defensive skills. It will also give an error if it is not useable on the target like the other archetype’s mastery skills. The recast was also lowered to 30 seconds.
- The Blood Rage line will not expire until the berserker dies instead of having a 15 minute duration.
- Sinister Strike should no longer debuff the target if it misses
- Fatal Followup should no longer be useable after Sinister Strike.
- The Hidden Assault line of skills should no longer apply the Damage over Time portion of the attack if the primary melee attack misses.
- Safehouse now has a short cast time and can be interrupted.
- Melee attacks which had secondary effects will no longer apply on a miss.
- The Dispatch and Rake lines will now hit slightly more often.
- Sever Hate can no longer be used to pull through a crowded area.
- Fatal Followup should now work properly in PvP based combat.
- Reach will now suspend while in PvP combat.
Downtime scheduled – Downtime scheduled 05/13/2008 – 7:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time
This is a notification that US worlds will be updated at 7:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time on 05/13/2008. The estimated downtime will be 4 hours.
– SOE Operations team
Game Update #45 May / 13 / 2008
A miraculous event has occurred in North Qeynos. Pilgrims can learn about it from the witnesses at the Temple of Life. During “A Prophet Returns”
There’s a mysterious blight spreading across Norrath’s cities. The Celestial Watch seeks to help those suffering from it while servants of the Plaguebringer bask within their cries. Which will you choose?
Additional bank space and new functionality to the shared bank have been added. Check out the BANK section below for details.
Grey quests are now easier to find, will award adventure experience and, in many cases, will award more achievement experience.
Coercers and Weaponsmiths and Woodworkers will each find significant changes to their classes.
Priest single target cure spells have been combined into one spell named “Cure”.
The time limit between repeatable faction quests in Sinking Sands has been removed.
Damage that can not be resisted or mitigated will now be referred to as “focus” damage instead of crush/pierce/slash/poison/heat /cold/etc in combat chat messages.
Corpses of powerful creatures will now stay locked for twenty minutes.
Respawning near Jarsath Wastes in the Kylong Plains is slightly less dangerous.
Mounts should now suspend while feigning death or riding on a griffon, sokokar or cloud.
Grinash the Vicious and his pack will now trigger in the Steppes for players on “Vicious Assault”. Previously he would only trigger while on “The Cove of Decay – Kraughl’s Request”.
Squire Kivan in Antonica will now give out the quest “Getting the Axe” to characters that he previously thought were too advanced for his quest.
The No-Trade flag has been removed from a large number of book pages that were dropped from mobs or harvested from page spawns. Check your inventories!
Clay golem hearts for “The Heart of Fear” quest in Cazic-Thule now drop as corpse loot instead of chest loot. They also will only drop while you are on the quest now.
Multiple players should now be able to receive an update from killing Pawbuster when on that portion of the Conjuror Epic quest.
Both the dropped and tradeskilled pristine fashioned nacre earring will now update the quest “Dukaris, Hero of the People”.
Low grey quests will now give more experience.
The Nox Noctis Sword will no longer fit in the primary weapon slot.
Deathfist Citadel crafted armor stats have been improved. Existing armor will automatically receive the upgrade.
Are you lacking space in your bags from multiple stacks of poisons and potions? Well fear not brave adventurer, you can now stack poisons and potions to 100. Enjoy your newfound space!
Duplicates of numerous books in the game that currently count toward one’s total house items are now available on Navarius Orvalis and Indis Surion for purchase if you fulfill the original requirements for having received the book (ie, if you completed the quest it was a reward on).
The “Dazzling Tuning Fork” is now only lootable by dirges and no longer “No Destroy” .
Shard of Hate Byzola in the Shard of Hate can no longer be pulled excessively far from where she spawns.
The Karana deity pet and the sokokar pet should now stack together.
Heroic Opportunity Swindler’s Gift should now overwrite itself properly rather than giving an error about having a more powerful spell already.
Possession has been renamed to Possess Essence. It now takes control of your target’s essence and makes them into a pet that you can control. Thoughtstones are no longer required as components for spells. The Despotic Mind line will now trigger off player based spell attacks. In addition there is a new level 80 version called Tyranous Mind The other reactive lines have changed to be based on taking damage from when a spell hits the NPC. Puppetmaster has received an additional puppet. The Harmonious link line now reduces hate position when the player takes a melee hit.
The Paladin and Shadowknight squires should no longer look differently after zoning.
The stun and stifle lines will now do damage rather than drain power. Enchanters will now also receive Call Servant and Shrink Servant at level 10.
The Personae line of pets should now nuke instead of attempting to power drain just like their owners do.
The Ancient Balm line will now grant short duration immunities to any control effects it cures.
The Siphoning of Souls (Master II) will now also grant Master II abilities when it triggers on the death of an NPC. Essences of Anguish are no longer given out nor required as components for spells.
Cure Noxious, Elemental, Trauma and Arcane have been consolidated into one spell called Cure.
Despoiling Mist line should once again apply the same number of mitigation buffs as members of the encounter.
Tranquility will now last 1 minute and attempt to cure impairments on the target several times.
Nil Crystals are no longer required as components for spells. The Abhorrent Shroud line now has a power cost to replace the nil crystal requirement.
The Surging Tempest line should now work as a dot with a triggered knockdown. This will make the spell work with Freehand Sorcery and Harmonization.
You can now gain Achievement Experience from gray con quests that are level 10 or higher. All classes should receive a free achievement respec. Please note that free achievement respecs cannot be stacked or saved.
Enchanter Volatile Magic will now be a 15% boost that is always on.
Coercer Tashania will now debuff all magical resistances but slightly less than before.
Coercive Healing will now give additional bonuses to reactive heal amount, beneficial casting time and beneficial reuse time.
Manaward now acts as a true ward with a ratio of 1 health to 1.5 power.
You can now search the broker for items which give double attack, critical chance and damage additions.
Executioner’s Fury should no longer put you into combat when it triggers.
On all servers:
Banks how have four extra slots for a total of twelve bank slots per character. Shared banks now have four extra slots for a total of eight shared bank slots per account. Shared banks now allow you to share coin between characters on the same account. Exiled characters continue to be unable to use shared banks with other characters on the same account.
On PVE servers:
Shared banks are now shared between good and evil characters on the same account. If you have all four slots filled in both good and evil shared banks currently, they will be combined into a new eight slot shared bank. Both coin and items can be shared with characters on the same account regardless of alignment.
On PVP servers:
Shared banks are still alignment based. However we have added four extra slots to each alignment’s shared bank (for a total of eight shared bank slots per alignment) and the ability to share coin between characters of the same alignment on one account.
If you have a Sokokar, flight posts in Chardok will now allow you to fly to any post that a group member has access.
The “mysterious portal’ in Gorowyn now allows level 65+ tradeskillers to pass through, as well as level 65+ adventurers.
Weaponsmiths and woodworkers have learned to create recipes for new, more desirable crafted weapons with a choice of new effect.
Weapons that already existed prior to the update will not be affected and cannot be imbued with the new effects.
Geomancy arts should now appear in the crafting window in an order consistent with the other tradeskill reaction arts.
You should no longer get less status for doing a level 70 tradeskill writ than you would for doing a level 69 writ.
Ferrite throwing daggers are now correctly described as handcrafted.
Advanced Artisan Volume One is now available from tradeskill recipe book vendors around Norrath.
Crafted shurikens can now be made at lower level ranges.
Weaponsmiths have also rediscovered where they left their recipe books for throwing ammo.
The version on EQ2UI_Inventory_Bank has been increased to 2.0 to support the Bank/Shared bank changes.
You can now choose to show quest-giver icons for quests you have out leveled. Under Options -> User Interface -> Name and Chat Bubble -> NPC Overhead Quest Icons for Outleveled Quests
The command “/inventory unequip all” will unequip all of your gear except food, drink and appearance items.
Setting the option to now show third party damage combat bubbles will now also apply to third party heals
Detailed arrows on implied target window are no longer cut off.
Location: Halls of Teren Rysis, (+2226, +528, -1008)
Faction Required: +20,000 with Teren’s Grasp