Ascalonian Catacombs #GW2 #GuildWars2

1. Rakuno says:

Congratulations on finishing Ascalonian Catacombs! :)

I have yet to do it but I am really look forwarding to give it a try. I will have to remember your comment about the boulders when that happens.

As for rangers and elementalists… Completely agree! Only ones worse than those are grenadiers. And worse than that is when they are ghosts! Ah, how I hate those ghosts ascalonians by now!

2. Dusty says:

So much fun! Those friggen Ranger traps were the death of us – literally! But I’m pretty proud of the fact that we made the attempt and were able to succeed on our first go at it! Looking forward to doing it a few more times.

Go boulders!!

3. pasmith says:

I hope that they add a mode where the dungeon doesn’t scale eventually. I kind of like going back to lower level dungeons and taking a stroll through them, laying waste to mobs that once made my life a living hell! LOL Plus being able to really explore and check out the architecture.

OTOH I suppose that leads to massive farming and all that, so maybe this way is better.

4. Winter says:

Since GW 2 is only my second MMO, EVE being my first, I’d really like to know what it is you enjoy about Dungeons.

When I tried Ascalonian Catacombs I was Level 42 and still, thanks to downleveling we died about 2-3 times per killed enemy, then the bosses came along which caused at least a dozen deaths each.

When we encountered the dual boss we habe up after what felt like the hundreth death.

All the while repair bills kept mounting and what little loot we got was worthless.

It was a very unpleasant experience which after 15 minutes I only endured for the story, which I ultimately didn’t see.

What exactly is the point of dungeons?

5. Winter says:

Should be ‘gave up’.

I had fun both times I went, learning to work together, learning what tactics worked and what didn’t. We died, but not THAT much, and once we found our group groove, hardly at all. Plus the loot wasn’t worthless to me, since it scales, and the final item is more of an appearance item than anything else. I didn’t miss the story and enjoyed it quite a bit since you can’t skip past the cut scenes, and there are a lot of them (at least in story mode). Over all, it wasn’t what I expected from a dungeon, and I liked that.

7. Winter says:

Just to clarify: I did get to witness the story up unto the dual boss which proved to be unbeatable for us.

If the loot is indeed supposed to scale in dungeons, that seems to be broken, since i got loot that was at least 10 levels below mine.