There, I’ve Said it. I Play WoW (And EVE) #WoW

1. Ardwulf says:

I’ve always tried not to “blame” WoW for the stagnation we see in the development of virtual worlds; WoW is generally very good at what it does, and it’s just not reasonable to blame Blizzard for making a successful game. The Pandaren will probably not lure me back, but the Monk might – it fills a gap in WoW’s arrangement of classes that I’ve felt the lack of for a while.

2. bhagpuss says:

WoW and EVE are so different it’s hardly surprising there’s little crossover. Extreme Noise Terror and Green Day are arguably at two ends of the same genre, but they probably don’t share many fans.

I quite liked WoW while I played it, but I didn’t find much more than three months’ worth of entertainment there before I was ready to move on. Pandas certainly aren’t going to get me back. I don’t like them in EQ2 or indeed anywhere. Now, if WoW was adding a playable squirrel race, or racoons, then they might get my attention.

3. Arbitrary says:

I LOVE monk classes. However much I gripe, I will totally be back to play one!

4. Anjin says:

Funny thing about nomadic gamers: instead of having homes everywhere, no one wants you anywhere. Sad that people would rather exclude people who really have such similar interests.

5. hordemaster says:

Pandas in Warcraft? Well I know they have had a Pandarean race since WC3, but personally I want nothing to do with them. It’s an aesthetic personal choice I suppose. Yet, more power to you if you wanna stick around and play. Personally I find Blizzard to be a very greedy company, and don’t feel good giving me my gaming money anymore but that is another topic for another day.

6. hordemaster says:

giving them…sorry I should really proofread these comments carefully…

7. d.g. says:

It’s really sad that people feel the need to be so “elitist.” And sadly, it happens everywhere… true story, my friend was in a bar, and someone asked her if she liked Radiohead. She does not, and just when she answered the question, the music that was playing paused between songs and most everyone in the place heard her response. She was basically ridiculed by all of the hipsters in the bar for the rest of the night. Totally uncool that they felt the need to shun her because of personal tastes. She loves music, just like the rest of them, but if we all liked the same things, what a boring world this would be.

If you’re a gamer, you’re a gamer… no matter the game you choose to play. It all boils down to preference, or which game is being supported the best, or which one you can find the best community in, etc etc etc, and the “holier-than-thou” attitude some gamers choose to have is just pathetic.