Playing What You Love #VG #Vanguard

1. Scopique says:

I always agonizze over VG. It’s in my top 5 games of all time, but right now I don’t have the cash to return. I would love love love love love for it to go F2P! Seriously love. Even more then I want STO to follow Champs Online into F2P territory XD

I agree, and I think it’s one of the major things holding back VG from expanding. However. In order to change it to a F2P game that would mean SOE actually *cares* enough about the game to do so and to dedicate someone to making the switch. As it is the game is just on auto run until it’s no longer feasible for them to keep the two servers open. If they do have some sort of closure date in mind, I’d love to see them make the last year of gameplay free for everyone – just to see what sort of numbers they could pull in. Maybe it would change their minds.

3. Entrails_770 says:

I’d love to revisit vg but can’t afford it, really needs to go f2p one if my fav games of all time 🙂

4. pkudude99 says:

I just never “got” VG, I suppose. I was in the beta and played a Disciple mostly. During my time on the Station Pass I popped into VG a few times. Actually really liked the Paladin, and tried out several race/class combos. Druid was pretty fun, didn’t care for the monk, etc. Still.. never got any character past about level 14 or so. Just didn’t “do it” for me. No idea why. It seems to have all the right elements.

5. Thac0 says:

I’d just like to day like the others I would totally be in Vanguard playing often if it were F2P. No game could use it more and i honestly think they would see more players and maybe even be able to do some minor RMT. I wonder how we could get someone to take that idea seriously?

Again the problem with that @Thac0 is that they have to actually *care* first about the game in order to want to fix anything wrong with it. They simply don’t care and are content to let it run automatically because it takes 0 manpower 0 teams.

7. Dril says:

The problem is I don’t particularly LOVE levelling, even in VG, to justify playing it, particularly since it’s a means towards an end(game) that is very limited and will never, at current rates, improve.

It’s so sad. I really wish they’d do something about VG. Hell, I wish I won the lottery so I could invest it into VG; I’d only really need 1/10th of it to live comfortably anyway. Alas, they won’t, and I can’t live with myself giving them money despite knowing that none of it will go to VG. That’s the worst part. I hope you enjoy yourself, Star, I really do. And I hope VG gets some competent, passion rather than greed-driven owners.