Holiday Gaming Goodies

1. Scopique says:

Mine was a relatively boring gaming Christmas. My wife and I got new monitors (her a 23″, me a 24″), and a Move controller for the PS3. Other then that, everything else was utilitarian (a new HD to pair with my existing one for Raid 0 setup, a spare battery for my phone for PAX East, etc).

2. Rebecca says:

Our family really doesn’t do presents anymore, but my Kinect came in November, and thanks to you, I went out and got all of the Sims 3 games and stuff packs. 🙂 So those are some holiday gaming goodies I got for myself!

I don’t have a gaming mouse, but I love my wireless mouse to death. I use rechargeable batteries for it too, so the mouse never runs out of juice.

For Sims 3, are you using any of Twallan’s mods? (over at modthesims.com I think) I’m using his story progression, master controller, debugger, overwatch, and…no blur, heh. They allow you a lot more control over how things work in your game and help to fix a lot of the problems that EA can’t or won’t seem to fix. For example, the overwatch mod goes around each sim night and deletes all of the excess cars that got generated for the townies. On night, nearly 200 cars were deleted. Without the mod, the cars just keep building up and building up until the game just explodes. I also have the story progression mod set so that families don’t randomly move out of my town. You can also do things like reset lots and fix (most) invisible sims. You can do a lot of other stuff too, but I typically only use it for the gameplay issues since I like to build up my sims without using cheats.

3. Jesse says:

I picked up Darksiders and both Mass Effect games while on Steam sale, and I’m really looking forward to playing them. Just Cause 2 really helped me learn to use and love the wasd controls. I use a Logitech thumb trackball for my mousing though, so your mileage may vary.

4. Olphas says:

After finishing The Witcher AGAIN (3rd playthrough, I just love this game and can’t wait for Witcher 2 – Assassin of Kings in a few months!) I got myself Assassin’s Creed 2 on Steam. I just love strolling through 15th century Florence! The atmosphere is breathtakingly beautiful!

5. Sharon says:

I’ve mainly been playing WoW, dinking around in the RIFT betas and occasionally logging in to AoC. I admire you for healing pugs!! I wish I could do that. I’m just too thin-skinned, so as much as a love healing, I won’t do it in a pug.

6. Lana Snider says:

7. Griss says:

I found a cheap collector’s edition of Star Trek Online sitting on the shelf of my local game store. I’m not a hardcore Trek fan, but have watched a huge amount of the TV episodes spanning all the shows. Whilst the game has a reasonable fun factor I have not yet been really sucked into it enough to say that after the 30-day free subscription I will still be playing.

Other than that – it’s been EQ2 with my Shadowknight alt. that is currently at level 32 with 101 AA. With the XP boost thing going on I hit level 50 last night crafting as an armorer. I have also been finding EQ2 life more enjoyable since we got server merged into Oasis.

Dungeons and Dragons Online got a few hours of my time too. I have yet to find a game that offers a better rogue class experience than this game. I’m also a fan of the loot system where everybody gets a reward after completing a dungeon crawl.

As for the future, well for me it has to be Star Wars: The Old Republic. I absolutely love SW, and this could be the game to restore a hole left in my heart by SOE who managed to get it so wrong.

Other games on my Radar include: Dragon Age 2, Witcher 2, Diablo 3, Dues Ex 3.

I was pumped to hear that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim may be released around the end of 2011. I just hope that this time they get some better game testers before release, and I certainly wouldn’t employ anyone with Fallout New Vegas on their CV.