Level 10 (almost) – More Impressions

1. Grimjakk says:

I reactivated my old account out of curiosity… and Tortage is every bit as brilliantly done as I remember. The DX10 client seems to be stable and I really appreciate the new stackable “brass baubles” that replaced the vendor-bait that used to drop off of practically everything. Rather than try to pick up my old Dark Templar or Bear Shaman, I decided to roll a new Demonologist on one of the standard servers. An evening’s play has left me a bit short of level 17.

I have no idea what the game after Tortage is like these days, but I thought I’d give it a go. At least this time I’m prepared for the sudden loss of voiceovers and cut-scenes and tight storylines.

2. Hudson says:

Rolling on a PVP server was a terrible idea, not sure who sold you on that.

I agree that it is ok to like games of your own fashion, but hopefully something not made by Sony for once :)

Casters and healing in this game is done a little different than what you are used to. For example:

Last paragraph. It takes some getting used to as it isnt the neat healing system in most MMO’s. Picking a HoX may not be your style but if you like the class that is fine, its just that everyone picks that as a default because they hear it is OP’d and easy.

Keep trucking and get to level 20, ignoring general chat and the advice of most non players and you will do ok. However, there is a LOT of questing and fighting, and little fluff that you may be used to in more casual games. Still not a bad diversion for a 7 day trial.

3. Hudson says:

And by the way the world of Conan, as are the books, is a violent, dark setting. You should know that going in :)

4. martin says:

Ive just got atrial key to see if the game is any better.I must say tho that i loved lvls 1-20 at launch and never had any prob running the game.But there was a massive drop off in standards at vlv 20 and i got to lvl46 before dying of boredom .Some of the views rivalled lotro and vg when u maxed out the graphics so im eager to see what the dx10 stuff is like..But i cant see myself resubbing as ive got lotro (lifetime) and war(sub) for my pve and pvp fix ..bar my gf hates moria as she keeps falling off staircases and says its tooo dark lol

5. openedge1 says:

I agree that it is ok to like games of your own fashion

Thats what I said. I guess I will get deleted for saying it here as well.

6. caliga says:

I’m not sure if you’ve been following my AoC write-ups but I recently returned to AoC after Warhammer lost its appeal a few months ago. I play on the Wiccana server, the unofficial RP-PvE server. I now have a Priest of Mitra that is level 65. I don’t really think you get a feel for the classes until well into the teens and beyond when you’ve had a chance to spend some feat points, which you don’t start earning until level 10. If you have the time, patience, and inclination you should try it a bit longer, though the game does lack in a robust crafting system such as can be found in EQ2.