Promoted to Officer, Surprise!

1. Anakh says:

All bow down to Her Fearful Majesty! Officer! Bow down I say! All joking aside, congrats, you seem to deserve it from what I’ve seen. Really enjoying Safe Haven so far and all the great people in it.

Grats on officership!

Miss ya in bloggers though. Make the VG devs implement cross-game chat channels!

I keep waiting for them to fix that Tipa, cross game channels and tells worked for a very brief stint, and then got all buggered up again along the way… soon(tm) I hope.. Miss everyone in channel too!

Oh yeah, here in the semi-tropics of Connecticut, we’re just having thunderstorms that washed away the snow. The temperature was 5C and rising at 8AM this morning. Spring? Maybe. Feels like it… was 11C yesterday but it fell to 7C as the storm came in.

Thanks to the Celsius-speaking sign on the way to work, I feel more Canadian than ever!

We’ve had over 350cm of snow this winter (last years total was 100cm) and today it was -17c or so with 25cm of snow, not to mention another 15cm saturday, and another 10cm monday…. yeah.. I’m ready for winter to be over. Oh, and freezing rain on top of all of that. A week ago it was -35c…… *grumbles*

Note to self… don’t move to Ottawa.

It was -8C a week or so back. Other than that it’s been pretty warm lately.

7. Mayadhros says:

Yes, I did have a snow day. But no time to play during the day cept for about 40 minutes. Babies are the bane of gaming time.

Gratz on the officer-ship!

8. Openedge1 says:

Officer eh?
    From everything I have read, a guild is a need in this game…and with grouping being almost required (has this changed?) I have avoided trying it out due to not wanting to be left to learn the many intricacies..
    But, now I know who to go to for guildiness….(my new word…like it?)

What server was that again?

Seradon is the server

As far as grouping, I don’t find it required at all. Yes, things go faster, yes, you can explore some amazing dungeons, but there are plenty of things you can also do in a solo / duo team (which is what I’ve basically done to 28 so far).

As far as giving Vanguard a shot- yes, a guild is key I’d say. Other wise you’re left wondering where to go and how to accomplish things. The game does not lead players around very well at all. It’s left up to other players to do. As far as my guild goes, Safe Haven is wonderful, we have members in all spheres of all level ranges, very low key with anywhere from 10-20 of us on a night. They’re an amazing bunch of people and I’ve had a lot of fun getting to know each and every one of them over the past month or so. I can’t say that enough.

10. Mayadhros says:

I’ve pretty much solo’d up to 16, which isn’t probably saying much. Soloing seems doable, but slow. You will need to team up with at least one other to do some of the harder group quests. But as a paladin, I have found I can solo most quests my level that require a small group.