Issues on Antonia Bayle – An Angry Crowd

1. Mythokia says:

At least the server being down, or somewhat down, or down-only-for-me gives me time to catch up on the thousand over unread stuff in my RSS Reader which I completely ignored since RoK came out.

2. Woof says:

It is indeed sad and disheartening when the uglier side of MMO life rears its head. This perticular argument has been raging since the first RP server in the first MMO came online; and won’t be dealt with to everyone’s satisfaction any time soon. Too many opinions and too many people who think they’re right that constantly clash. I hate to say ignore it… But, sometimes you have to do just that. Let them be and give them space to get it out of their systems. As with every time in the past that this has come up, it will die down, life will go on, and most people will hold hands and sing around the camp fire again. For a time. Then we’ll start again. In the end, I can only hope that this cycle results in more good times then bad. And when I look back at my time in EQ2, I will choose to see those happy memories, not immature children bickering about trivial issues. It won’t be long until the server is back to normal. =)

3. Akely says:

As for AB: Yeah. I had a character there. But due to the reasons you list I deleted it and played my characters on Crushbone instead. The whole thing makes me very annoyed. We “just” had server mergers for crying out loud!

4. Lishian says:

That’s something I’ve never really been exposed to on the pvp server. We welcome more fodder!

5. ogrebears says:

didn’t you transfer form my server (kithicor). i don’t think kitchior dead. every day this week we’ve had about 7kp up, and 2-4 fens up. that about 800-1200 level 70’s playing close to peak time…

Nope, I transfered from Lucan D’Lere. I did spend 1 day on Kithicor, choosing where to go next, but Kithicor was exceptionally rude the one day I was there, if 60-69 was any indication. So I decided a role play server was far more suited to what I was looking for (and I haven’t looked back since).

Maybe they’ll make a new server?

That would be so nice….!

Would be nice – as long as they allowed no character transfers to the server for some time. Other wise the market would be out of wack right away, and people would be going there for the wrong reasons. I actually like the way WoW #1. Locks a server from new characters after it’s become over populated (those who already have characters there are fine) and #2. Starts up new servers frequently (allowing people to transfer there at a later date, 4-5 months after the server has been up). On the down side, aside from this short sporadic jump in population that’s been brought on by the expansion, I’m not sure that long-term there’s any reason for it. Give it 2-3 months, and the populations will decline again.

Whatever the situation or rules, a new server would be an announcement that the game was growing again. You’re right, of course — this burst is short-term while people level to 80 — but I so want the game to be growing.

10. AverageJoe says:

A new server, if released, would be so fantastic, I’d jump on over. Maybe they would make it to where you wouldn’t be able to xfer chars over there. I’d like that even more. Not sure how some of you would like that or not. I’ve heard of your issues on AB and I feel sorry for you guys. I am in hopes they resolve your issues soon!

11. Someone says:

there will always be a minority that yells loudly trying to stir up trouble. Most people would rather be silent if they are not attacking them directly. Even if you are not the target, you have to make your voice be heard even if you are not the target if you know it is wrong. AB is a good place with good people and it sadens me that a few are making it look like a big issue on the server. There are so few that want to cause the hostility to get their way, while the lag is there so they can gather a mob behind them, but they have a very loud voice if no one stands up to them.

12. Lysari says:

The official forums have been really sad for me the last couple of days. People I liked and respected have been so nasty. I’ve turned off a lot of the level channels as the sheer meaness was highly unnecessary. I’m hoping a couple of days of normal play will get AB back to the helpful and kind server I’ve been accustomed to over the last year.